TERMS AND CONDITIONS -
1. You must be of legal age to drive and produce a valid UK/Northern Ireland provisional Category B driving licence. If a photo card licence is held, then both card and counterpart must be produced. If an older paper licence is held, then you must also produce a valid passport as photographic identification
For Motorway, Pass Plus or Refresher lessons a full valid licence must be produced with identification as above.
You must meet the minimum eye test requirements, which means you must be able to read a standard UK approved number plate at a minimum distance of 20.5 metres (67 feet). If you need to wear glasses or contact lenses in order to meet this requirement then you must wear them whenever you drive.
2. You must notify your instructor of any change of your ability or entitlement to have driving tuition, for example if your provisional licence has been revoked or for medical reasons such as epilepsy.
3. If you wish to cancel a Driving lesson, a minimum of 48 hours notice must be given. Failure to give 48 hours notice will the result in the lesson(s) having to be paid for. Lessons can be cancelled by telephone or text message but must be acknowledged by your instructor.
4. If your instructor turns up on time at the pre-arranged pick up point and you do not show your instructor will wait 10 minutes if there is no contact made between you. After 10 minutes they will leave and you will have to pay for the lesson.
5. Your instructor will endeavour to arrive on time however, due to unforeseen circumstances such as breakdown, accidents, traffic hold ups etc, lesson times may need to change or even be cancelled. If cancelled by your Instructor, no fee will be charged.
6. Lessons must be paid for in advance or at the time of the lesson by cash or cheque. Your instructor will advise you to whom the cheque should be made payable.
7. You must not be under the influence of drugs/alcohol during the training. In the event of there being any signs of drugs/alcohol misuse, your instructor will withhold the use of the training vehicle for use of tuition or driving test until you are in a legal and fit state to drive. Any prescribed medication that may effect your driving should be declared to the instructor and to the DVLA medical board.
8. Should you fail to reach a satisfactory standard of driving and are likely to be a danger to other road users, or are in an unfit condition through substance or alcohol abuse as described above, the ADI has a responsibility to the DSA examiners not to allow the use of the training vehicle for the purpose of the driving test. This is in the interest of the pupil, the examiner and other road users and is a precautionary safety measure. Driving Standards Agency guidelines do not allow for a pupil to take a practical test just for the experience.
9. No responsibility can be taken for tests cancelled by the DSA for whatever reason. Lessons will have to be paid for but can be claimed back from the DSA. The instructor cannot be responsible if you fail because of the eyesight test. Your instructor will be responsible if the test is cancelled due to the condition of the tuition vehicle.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS -Intensive Driving Courses
These terms and conditions have been put in place in order to ensure that your course with us runs smoothly. Please read them carefully and then complete the section at the end of the page. This should be returned to us before the start of your course or email us.
Upon choosing to take an intensive course a deposit of £...........
is required to secure your place. This is non-refundable.
The balance of £ ............. is due at the start of your course on the ..................................... This is also non-refundable.
Any extra lessons you require will be charged at the standard lesson rates.
It would be advantageous for you to have taken the theory part of your test prior to your course starting. We will discuss this when booking you on the course.
It would also be helpful if you have booked your practical test beforehand, this is much easier to change when you are in the system so please don’t worry if you think the test date you have is either to near or to far in the future.
As well as the test fee (currently £62) you will be required to pay £127 or £130 (automatic )on the day of your test. This is to cover the cost of your pre-test lesson as well as the use of our vehicle for the test.
It is your responsibility to inform us of your availability during the course. We will do our best to work within this but it is difficult for us to reschedule lessons that have been booked so please bear this in mind at the time of booking.
If you miss a scheduled lessons without prior arrangement this lesson will be considered to have been taken.
As different individuals progress at different rates the amount of lessons you have each day may vary. This is mainly because we do not believe in pushing our students to far too soon.
Once you start the course it is totally nonrefundable under any circumstances due to the vehicle program for the whole course and also all lessons are 45 mins long and we do a block of 2 to 4 per day ( 2 sessions =1hr30mins and 3sessions =2hrs15 mins and 4sessions =3hrs)
Please note if a pupil wants to early termination of the course it has be approved by the instructor due to personal exceptions however a charge of minimum of £75 administration and any lessons booked with less than 48hrs notice will occur a loss too.
How ever this does not effect your statutory rights.
All pre-paid driving lessons or courses are valid for 3 months from the date of purchase otherwise otherwise expires as a loss unless you have medical evidence from qualified doctor.
However, we can't offer anyone a guaranteed pass on these courses, as this is dependent on the individual's ability on the day of the driving test.
Please note that there is no such thing as a guaranteed pass with any reputable driving school.
Should you require any further information or concern regarding the above terms and conditions above , please do not hesitate to contact us or speak to your instructor.
I accept the terms and conditions set above by Oneweekdriving Specialist Ltd.
Print Name (This counts as your signature)
Thank you for using One Week Driving Specialist Ltd.
However we cannot offer anyone a guaranteed pass on these courses,as this is dependent on the individuals ability on the day of the driving test.
Please note there is no such thing as a guaranteed pass with any reputable driving school.